Sunday 3 May 2009

Aphids! GRRRRR!!







Wow, it has been well over 15 days since I last posted anything. Been busy with coursework, the whole 'union' and the planning of the ceremony, swine flu, and watching the reds be taunted by the red devils as the try to clinch the championship. and I STILL have a lot of other things to do!

...but thought this might be a good breather.

From top to bottom, the photos are as follow:

1- One of the Esplendors, now big and healthy on a wooden planter I had left over from my previous foray (it was used for Strawberries). It looks really nice, and should start flowering in the next few weeks.

2- The big multi planter I got given for X-mas. I put an Etna chilli on the top and the two Belpicens on the lower tier. One of the Belpicens is already budding. Most cool! The big blue planter next to it and the plastic 'faux terra cotta' have the Naga Morich chillies. They look so healthy. I am really thrilled by them.

3 & 4- The new home of one of the Sweet Chocolate Peppers and the Cherry Chilli. The were taken to Almapaprika's parents. They were already flowering! Faboo!

5 & 6- The plants at work. Looking good!

Aaanywho, I found aphids on the blueberry plants at home :-(

APHIDS!!

The Orcs of the Garden World! (Slugs are the goblins, caterpillars are the uruk-hai)

Flippin' things were all over the little plants.

But this time I was prepared!

I bought some SB Plant Invigorator, which is supposed to both kill the little Orcs, and promote healthy grow for my 'baby ents'.

Now, if only I could hire a hobbit or two to garden the plants...

1 comment: