Tuesday 10 March 2009

Show us your true leaves...

It's been a week since my last post. Weird week, but then again, most are if you want to consider them as such.

I took some of the chillies to work last week, to that beautifully sunny windowsill I've mentioned. Four little plants went:

1 Cherry Chilli
2 Chocolate Sweet (Sweet) pepper
1 Ring of Fire

I even took a little watering can and some Chilli Focus along to give them an initial watering so they can adjust.

Need to check on them today to make sure they are adapting well to life in a sunny spot.

I will try to put up a photo of what they look like on the windowsill soon (camera phone and usb cable ready!)

Two Chillies have sprouted secondary (true) leaves!

Hurrah!

One of the Etnas and one of the Esplendors. The two couldn't be any more different unless one was a tomato.

The Etna seedling is long (about two inches), with large, well built leaves. I wish all the seedlings were as well developed.

The Esplendor, on the other hand, looks exactly the same...

...exept it's a midget.

No, seriously.

If it reaches 3/4 of an inch it's a lot.

But there it is, sprouting the secondary leaves with as much gusto as its friend a pot away.

I've moved them to 4 inch pots just to give them a chance to grow in better conditions, and placed them (along with one of the Belpicens and one of the Rocoto and one more I forget. I'm not near the plants at the moment, so doing this from memory) nearer the windows in the bedroom so they can enjoy more sunshine per day.

I've also shifted both the Nagas (I always think half snake, half woman) and some of the Habaneros to the Glass jars. I cannot cease to be amazed how good growing little chilli seedlings in a glass jar is.

I'm using Olive jars I clean up and sterilize (the brine and oil from the olives and pickling solution can cause havock on seedlings)

But I just realised I might be posting this on the wrong blog!

I'm copy pasting it to the right one....

Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment