Sunday 1 March 2009

Pokey-Stabbey-Chilley

More Chillies bit the dust this weekend. Grrrrr...

I think it's a mixture of things:

-Humidity
-Light
-Heat

The Nagas seem to absolutely love high humidity, whereas the Red Savinas (both now as dead as Windows 3.1) simply withered like the wimpy chillies they are. I lost the second Chi-Chien (sad face here). They were the first chillies to germinate. All in all lost another 8 seedlings, and might lose two more by end of the week.

The good news at least is that the Etna chillies, Stromboli and black Cubans have germinated! Yay! The Etna seedling just shot up like a rocket. I hope it grows big and strong.

I'll start moving some of the seedlings somewhere there they can have more access to heat and sunshine. There's a spot in one of the offices at work like that (beautiful window next to the radiators), so I'm hoping they will mimic the absolutely perfect conditions the ol' window sill at the ol' house and help my chillies grow!

On a separate note, I went pokey-stabbey on Saturday (It's an actual official Olympic sport folks. It's not a 'social' activity in this city. Well, not that I know of). Hadn't gone pokey-stabbey in months (8 to be precise), so I thought I'd be as rusty as a...shoot! can't come up with a smart alec remark... well, I thought I'd be pretty darn rusty.

However, after three hours of pokey-stabbey, I'd done pretty good, losing only three times, and all by one pokey-stabbey point!

Almapaprika's mom and grandparent's where here for the weekend. Hadn't been here in quite a while. They saw some of the sights (more importantly, they saw Almapaprika), and had a pretty good weekend (I hope). I would have probably been a happier co-host had it not been for all the pain I was in. Pokey-stabbey is a very demanding sport, and yours truly ain't exactly Atlas (no, not the ponce with the permanently constipated look from Gladiators)...let alone Atlas' left sandal's toe strap in terms of physical strength. Three hours of pokey-stabey with some younger, more athletic folk, I had held my own. Well done, Aji Chombo! Sadly, you forgot that exerting yourself in that manner without being in shape usually leads to all your muscles being in a world of hurt the following week! Ouch! everything hurts.

Even my hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment