Thursday 11 February 2010

Some New Photos

These are, of course, photos taken from my rather horrible phone camera. I wish they could be better photos, but I still haven't found the USB cable for my camera.


Today has been the second nice day in Liverpool. Cold as the handshake of a coroner, mind you.





But exceptionally sunny.



And that usually means that any plants by the windowsill at the office will absolutely love it.



Photobucket


This top one is the Royal Gold (a hot chinense) I got from Vincent. I am slowly moving the plants from the flat to the office in an effort to get some of them to start growing, as opposed to what they are doing now, which is searching desperately for the sun.




Photobucket


These are the two Roselle seedlings. I brought them up to the office quickly because the last time I tried to grow them (in the floral deathtrap that is our flat), they quickly wilted after a promising start, no doubt felled by the lack of sunlight (maybe I need to grow a vampire plant...).


Photobucket

This is the overwintered Rocoto Rojo. It was reduced to a Y-shaped, 30 inch stump with a couple of millimetre long leaves a fortnight ago, and look at it now! One of the Y arms is pretty much dried up, but the other one seems full of life (what a window full o'sunshine will do for ya!)





Photobucket


Last, but not least, the Maize Morado. Yes, they are in little individual pots, and I have only recently learned that they need deep soil for their roots. Still, for the time being this will have to do. I am hoping to move them to deeper pots soon.



Almapaprika wasn't too well a few nights ago. Spent the wee hours of the morning paying tribute to the porcelain Gods. I felt really bad and thought she might be seriously ill (so I immediately distanced myself by about two metres).



Yesterday evening she came up with a theory as to why she was so ill:



Tomatoes.



That's right.



Tomatoes.



I knew they were evil to begin with, and this only feeds my paranoid mind...

1 comment:

  1. Get a new cable, they are usually really cheap.

    ReplyDelete