Wednesday 24 February 2010

Everyone should have Facial Hair

And by that I mean all men. Facial hair gives us a sort of paradoxical 'sophisticated manly-ness' that the clean shaven bloke just doesn't have.

It exudes a kind of self-confidence perhaps only seen in Lord of the Rings. I mean, for all the acrobatics of Legolass, he is nothing more than a poncy, pointy-eared gymnast (all male gymnasts should have thick, Kenny Rogers or Michael McDonald beards). We all know the bare-knuckle-butt-kickers are Aragorn (stubble), Boromir (hard stubble), Faramir (whimpy stubble, and look where that lands him), Eomer (beard), Saruman (beard).

All the Orcs, Goblins, and Uruks are clean shaven...clear sign of 'soon to be defeated' syndrome.

I went pokey-stabbey-slashy last night for the first time in nearly a year. As was to be expected, the Bulgarian coach decided to do his usual 'East European' training regime, which is both fun and exceedingly tiring (more so if you've done no physical activity in months). As could have been expected, in my profligate exuberance I decided to go head-first and full-out into the training.

I could barely walk back home. It was a very painful 20 minute walk. I sweated the whole night as my body writhed in pain.

I still feel as though someone grabbed a pair of blunt surgical instruments and, without the use of anaesthesia, decided to tighten every muscle and ligament from my pelvis down.

But I did win 5 out of 6 bouts for the evening, including a whitewash on someone whom I thought was going to paste me, so this old, average dog still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

I am growing more and more depressed as the growing season moves on and I see more and more photos on thehotpepper.com forum. I'm dealing with the leggiest seedlings this side of a Paris fashion show all because of lack of light, and I really can't afford at this time to buy lots of lights for the plants.

I may have devised a plan to take care of this using my improvised greenhouses, some Christmas/fairy lights, and kitchen foil.

But we shall have to wait and see.

In the meantime, Aji Chombo Sad!

:-(

Aji Chombo in deep physical pain caused by his own stupidity...

...but he did get that whitewash (worth...every...moment...of...pain)

2 comments:

  1. Gandalf the gray has a gruffy stubble. Gandalf the white is a matter I do not want to discuss...

    ReplyDelete