Thursday 28 January 2010

Purple Rain...

Eeek!

All four Maize Morado seeds have germinated!

This is, of course, fantastic news...

Except that the roots are already starting to dig into the coir pellets immediately next to them!

Also, both Roselle seeds have germinated as well.

Sheesh!

At least I can now safely say that the bathroom floor is a great place to keep seeds in our flat (it may have a lot of things I'm not thrilled about, but bless under-floor heating. It has been the equivalent of having heating mats for the seed trays). Now I just need to get the light situation fixed.

Work will be a problem this year. The radiators in the offices where I kept all the plants last season have broken down, and people don't know how long it will take Facilities Management to fix the problem (if it's like fixing the heating in my work area, it's been 26 months and COUNTING), so this might mean no plants in the offices for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment