Saturday 11 July 2009

Uprooted Peppers

We have been in the services apartment for four days now, and you simply don't know the comforts of home well until you do something so simple as to say to your other half:

'can you pass me the pepper?'

and realise you don't have any because you left it in the flat you can't go to.

The meeting with the City council was reduced to a shouting match as people realised that the City of Liverpool just simply wasn't prepared to deal with this crisis.

The good news is that this is a dry run in case heaven forbid something worse were to happen. At least in this emergency neither scores of ambulances nor the coroners office needed to be contacted (though there may be dead plants soon, but I'm not sure if there is a gardening coroner's office in the city).

I have taken more photos (of the plants. The crane ones I've already posted on other mediums and I will not use the blog to show people any more of that than I have already shown through the bbc reports), but they are all uploaded into my photobucket account, but I will share a couple with you:

The Nagas
Photobucket

An Orange Habanero pod (getting more pods now. Hazzah!)
Photobucket

The Fatalii twins, now all grown up
Photobucket

A black Cuban Flower (have one solitary pod growing now)
Photobucket

Esplendor (left), the Naga X plant (centre) and the Chocolate Habanero (right). Choc Hab has produce loads of flowers, but no pods...
Photobucket

Well that's all for now. I need to get some shopping done. We have no cling film or little takeaway trays, and Almapaprika is working nights this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment